I sautéed red onion then added butternut squash and sweet potatoes and continued until the squash started getting a little color. I deglazed with pineapple wine (yes I did say pineapple wine), I added some minced ginger then filled with water just until the squash and potatoes were covered. I brought it to a boil, turned the heat down to low and covered it and let it go until everything was tender. I then used my immersion blender to get it to a creamy consistency and added some coconut milk, curry powder and salt and pepper to taste!! This is one of my favorite soups!!! So darn good!!!
So this is Panko Parm Poulet with Potatoes over Baby Spinach in a Creamy Lemon Dressing. Of the three dishes I got out of this box, I like this one the least. I’m not sure exactly what I don’t like about it, but I only ate about a 1/4 of it. The potatoes were good, but not a big fan of chicken breast to begin with. I definitely didn’t care for the dressing, it was just sour cream, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. I tasted it as I was making it, and was just hoping when it was mixed with the warm oven roasted potatoes it would help it. Nope, it didn’t.
All in all I would say my first box was a success and I will try a few more!
So this is my second recipe from Hello Fresh. This is Sweet Pork Tenderloin and Apples. Underneath the port loin is a Yukon Gold Potato and Cauliflower Mash. On top of the loin is a sauce made from sautéing gala apple in butter and oil, then adding chicken stock and letting it reduce. I seasoned the pork loin with salt, pepper and dried thyme and then browned it in a cast iron pan. I then placed it on a sheet pan in a 400 degree oven along with the sugar snap peas and roasted them for about 12 minutes.
I have to say this is really good and I am looking forward to having the other half for lunch tomorrow. I think I could probably get a third portion out of it, but I’m not going to.
So far I have to say I am pretty impressed with Hello Fresh!!!
Okay, so I’ve been hearing a lot about these services that allow you to order meal kits and they send them to you with recipes. You can choose your menu or let them. I decided to give Hello Fresh a try.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Keep in mind I just got my first box today and have made one meal out of it. I am living alone so I chose the box for 2 thinking the second portion would be my lunch the next day or is most often in my case, I can eat like two people!!
My first meal was the Toasted Rice and Shrimp Bowl. Okay so it says for two, but OMG it would actually feed three maybe four! Now it has rice (I know this is obvious) and red bell pepper, garlic, green onion, soy sauce and sesame oil. Now I am not a big fan of green, red or any bell pepper because of the hard skin. This recipe didn’t call for it, but I roasted it on my gas stove, put it in a zip loc bag for a little while, then scrapped the charred skin off. This actually made a lot, and I have put the rest in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.
As this is right before the Easter weekend I’ll probably eat the other half sometime this weekend.
Now it gave me a whole lime and only needed one quarter to squeeze over the dish. I can live with out it, so I took the rest of the lime and made a Caipirinha out of it!! I have a bit of a buzz right now!! LOL. But when I was buying the Cachaca for the Caipirinha I also found Pineapple Wine!! Who would have thought this was a thing!!! I had no idea!! It is sooo good!!!
Oh so this dish?? Excellent!!! I look forward to trying the other recipes. I’ll let you know how they turn out!
So tonight I had a rousing conversation with my now nonexistent uterus. Went something like this:
Me: (holding my belly) Why are you doing this to me? Oh wait I did this to you. I had you unceremoniously ripped from my abdomen.
Uterus: That’s right, you did this to me, if you are in pain, then you must learn to deal with your treachery.
Me: Your right, you did allow me to birth 3 beautiful children, but see, I allowed you to do your purpose and do it wonderfully. You knew after the 3rd that we weren’t going to have any more. So when you decided to act up and cause me pain and misery, the only action I had left was to evict you. So technically this is all your fault.
Uterus: Soooo, you’re saying this is my fault?
Me: Yes, now stop!! I can’t take any more pain, I can’t take the love hate relationship you are causing me to have with food!! I love it, it hates me!!
Uterus: I’m just helping you lose the weight you put on and were afraid you were going to put on after having me ripped from your body.
Me: Well not like this!! I need food to recover, I need to not be in pain to recover!! So you need to stop this right now??
Uterus: What do you want me to do? I don’t live there anymore!!! Go blame it on some other body part that is still taking up residence in your ungrateful body!!
Okay so I guess there are things that you just have to find out for yourself is what happens after having a hysterectomy.
- You don’t really feel any different after having your baby making factory removed (although I did get to keep the two towers).
- But you do feel different. You get depressed, and you cry for no reason.
- Recovery is different for everyone and mine is just sucking!! I’ve been running fevers (dr said to call her if it goes above 101.5, right now it’s only 99.5) and have had a non stop headache for a couple of days. Oh and don’t get me started on the constipation!!!! I have never been sooo backed up in my life, but I hear I’m taking the good stuff: Miralax! I just hope it kicks in soon, more than just freaking farting!!!
- I get to binge watch the entire series of Gilmore Girls!!!! I really love that show!!
- I had to order a new heating pad that didn’t shut off every damn 30 minutes!!! I want to sleep the whole night through and I keep waking up having to turn it back on!! Come on Amazon, get it here soon!!
- Sucks when the weather is soooo nice and I can’t get out in it!!
- oh and surprisingly enough, I am actually missing work!! I should check my temp, I think it might have just spiked!!
- I was sooo hoping to try out some new recipes while I was off work, but standing up that long takes too much out of me.
- Food nauseates me, but i’ve been craving a hot fudge sundae for 6 days now!!!!!
I could go on, but I think that’s enough for now! Maybe next week I’ll feel up to cooking and maybe start on sewing that dress I’ve been wanting to.